VIUM Capital offers a summer analyst intern program geared towards rising undergraduate seniors or graduate students entering their final academic year. Our program offers the opportunity to work alongside our deal team members developing the skillset necessary to kickoff a career in the capital markets. Our summer associates work directly on opportunities at each stage in a transaction life cycle while also working with senior leadership on various strategic projects. Classes generally commence annually around the school calendar year. Resumes & cover letters should be submitted by December 1st of each calendar year.
VIUM Capital is an independent financial services firm exclusively focused on providing capital to the seniors housing and healthcare sector. VIUM seeks leaders and team players aiming to work in a collaborative environment bringing a high degree of integrity, creativity, compassion and work ethic.
10 week program offering training and experience in seniors housing and healthcare real estate credit and finance. Our intern program is geared towards rising undergraduate seniors or graduate students entering their final academic year. We differentiate ourselves by offering the intern an opportunity to work alongside our deal team members developing the skillset necessary to kickoff a career in real estate capital markets. Importantly, our summer associates work directly on opportunities at each stage in a transaction life cycle while also working with senior leadership on various strategic projects.
Area of Focus / Key Learnings:
- Participate in the firm’s deal team working with investment bankers and client towards the successful analysis, review, underwriting and closing of seniors housing and healthcare senior debt financings.
- Work with deal team members and client coordinating the collection of diligence.
- Spread financial statements and perform financial review utilizing internal underwriting templates to ensure all transactions are structured properly and work product issued in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with deal team members performing credit and financial analysis of sponsors effectively identifying / mitigating transactional risks and developing solutions oriented transaction structuring.
- Coordinate the completion of third party reports including appraisals, property capital needs assessments, environmental reports and zoning reports.
- Work professionally and effectively with deal participants adhering to strict timelines.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Rising undergraduate senior year working towards Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, real estate or related field from an accredited college / university
- Strong interest in real estate based seniors housing and healthcare lending
- Ability to professionally interact and effectively communicate with team members
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proactive team player able to work effectively under timelines and pays great attention to detail
VIUM Capital is an equal opportunity employer